Tuesday, November 13, 2012

stairs vs. elevator?

I think stairs are great exercise, but after this weekend I am so grateful for elevators!!  Thursday and Friday Nate had some meetings in Provo, so we took the kids out of school and did a little mini-vacation.  Did I take any photo- no not one. We had a great trip and lots of fun, but here are my two elevator vs. stairs stories.
1st- I took the kids swimming at the hotel Friday morning- yes by myself which was a little scary but we did great with Clint and Cole in their puddle jumpers (oh I love those things!)  Anyhow why we were swimming the power went out, there was a skylight so we were OK but I was ready to be done anyhow so we got ready to go back to room.  With the power outage the elevators were not working.  So after waiting like 5 minutes in the hall with freezing wet kids and Clint was crying because he wanted to stay in the pool,  I decided to do the stairs- and of coarse we were on the 6th floor so here I am trying to pack two wet slippery kids up 6 flights of stairs.  Wyatt and Shay were trying to pack up all our floaties and life jackets.  We did make it and we passed many people on the stairs but the only one who offered to help was this cute grandma who offered to help pack some floaties.
2nd - After getting ready we then went to Trafalga for the day.  While their the kids wanted to miniature golf, well it is up on the 3rd floor and of coarse the elevator their was broken.  Clint and Cole were in their stroller and I thought with me and Wyatt we could get them up their in the stroller, we did pretty good going up and then we golfed and then it was time to go down.  I thought I was strong enough to bring the stroller down so I am going backwards and pulling it and the stairs were pretty steep and the stroller got going so fast that I could not hold it ( It did have 60lbs in it, I am not just a total wimp!)  So it is crashing in to me and I am getting pushed down the stairs at a very high speed and I am screaming for Wyatt to help me. We did finally get stopped with out crashing I am sure that was a bumpy ride for the boys.  But again did anyone offer to help no!
This taught me two lessons - 1st I better start lifting weights!  2nd- I better start watching for people who need help and when I see someone offer my help!
Anyhow next time you take the stairs think of me

4 comments:

  1. I wish I was there to help you. You got a work out for sure. I am glad nobody fell coming down the stairs in Trafalga. That would have been sad. Wyatt is getting bigger, so he will be a real help each year.

    You are a super mom, Christy. I can't do all that you do. It is okay to have a day ~ (or two) where you wish you had more help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about people not helping. I was like 8 months pregnant, at Wal- Mart, trying to lift water softner bags into my car. So heavy. And all these men were just walking by watching. The only person that offered to help was a lady with 5 kids. She said... You should not be lifting these. You are pregnant. So cute! I thought the same thing that day. I need to help more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Christy, mothering is only for the very brave! And whatever happened to chivalry??? Bet Nate was mad about all those people that passed by. Good Samaratins are hard to come by these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really makes me wonder what I would have done. Thanks for sharing this story. You are amazing. I love you!

    ReplyDelete