Saturday, January 21, 2012

Polar Plunge

So if you are wondering why we did this- here is why hopefully our cute Clint and Cole will one day be able to do Special Olympics. They are so darling who wouldn't jump in a freezing Dam for them!! So we are planning to do this next year if anyone wants to join us.


Yeah! We jumped. Our family plus my two cute neices Alyssa and Sydnee decided to do the polar plunge this year. Our team earned $300 for special olympics thanks to our great family and friends that sponsored us. This is such a great cause! On friday we met at Hyrum Dam and they had cut a huge hole out of the ice and so we jumped in. Brr baby was it cold but I am so proud of my kids and quite honestly myself too. Shay said it was so cold that it she could not even yell. I was so proud of her because she was really nervous but she still did it. What a brave girl. When we got home shay said "What a great day to be alive. I agreed with her it really was quite a good feeling to face your fear and quite invigorating to jump in freezing water. This is Sydnee and Alyssa. What cuties to do this with us. They did not even hesitate just dove right in and swam for the edge. This is us right before we jumped. Don't we look so excited. Wyatt was so cold he kind of froze up and just did a death grip on my arm. I could not quite reach so I was trying to get out and drag him.
This is when it got real- I think it would be like how you would fell walking the plank. Notice I am last I was thinking it would be good to go last, but no we get there and Wyatt - my jumping partner was like I want to go first. Ahh are you kidding me so we step up and Nate counts 3-2-1 and then Wyatt starts to jump and hello I am not going to let my 8yr old be braver than me so I jump too. Sorry these photos are all out of order.




4 comments:

  1. You are the bravest.....craziest.....people that I know....and I love you for it! Yay to all, and extra hugs to brave Wyatt and Shay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome that you did it!! I have been wanting to do it for some time now, I'll have to do it next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, stinkin' awesome!!! I seriously can't even imagine doing it!!

    ReplyDelete