Friday, February 3, 2012

Get Real

I know it is the first of February but I have finally decided my resolution for this year. I just want to be more real. I mean I sometimes feel like I am looking through a window watching my life pass by, watching my kids get older, watching me just going through the motions, watching me... you get the point. This year I want to be more real to myself and to everyone else. I am tired of trying to always say the right thing, never acting like anything bothers me, and acting like my life is so perfect. So I hope everyone still likes the real me. haha. I was just reading through some of my blogs and realized I am doing what I hate, I am just posting all these wonderful things and not really the true life of the Daugs family. I mean I do have a great family but the truth is my house is usually messy, right now I am totally ignoring Clint and Cole and blogging, we watch way to much TV and tonight is friday but we have absolutly no plans! I don't want anyone to worry I am not depressed or having a bad day I just am ready to be more honest and be happier with who I truely am. I love everyone (well not everyone if we are to be honest there are quite a few people who drive me crazy) but life is still good.

4 comments:

  1. Christy- I have posted that same post probably three or four times.. I am the same way. I don't like that we always put the good stuff up and it seems like our life is perfect when in reality it is not. The one thing that I dislike the most is fakeness. If someone doesn't like me, I would prefer that they didn't act fake and nice. I see right through it and it irritates me. I have many blogs that I have written that are not nice or pleasant for others to read. I was keeping it "real". I posted them as a draft so that they can be included in my books, but not on public display to read all my imperfections and worries. I guess I am more private. I wish that we would all feel comfortable being who we are and not worrying about what others think. You have a great family and you are an amazing mother. I KNOW that life isn't easy for you and that things aren't all happy all of the time. It is our attitudes that make us who we are. Who cares if your house is messy from time to time, you are putting your time where it needs to be and the mess is not important. Besides, what you think is messy, we don't even see or notice. "If we were flies on each others walls" we would see that each one of us has many imperfections. Who cares. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo!! Way to go Christy!! I'm all for gettin' real. My blog is always pretty much just the good stuff, with a few funny posts about the not-so-good. My blog is our family scrapbook, so it's hard to know what to post and what to keep private. But real is good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you no matter what' you are truly amazing. I am so happy to have you and can't wait to hear about the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least you, Sonny, Miriam, etc. are still brave enough and 'real' enough to blog at all. Perhaps I'll start again. Perhaps not. LOVED Wyatt turning Shay into a ghost. Love and hugs to all of you! Kimerly

    ReplyDelete