Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Fall Tour

My favorite part of Nate's job is that he gets to go on these little trips and I get invited along!  His work went on fall tour down to Price Utah.  I was so excited I know that Price is not really a great place for a vacation but that is where me and Nate lived for a year when we were first married.  We moved away 10 years ago and I have not been back.  It was so fun to go back and remember the good old days when me and Nate were newlyweds with no kids to take care of.  The first night we got there me and Nate left our group and drove around for a bit. We drove by our old house which I was sad because I had left the camera in the hotel, then we went and visited Kathy one of the ladies I had worked in YW with and sort of keep in touch with over the years.  I was a little nervous just stopping by, but she was great and we visited with her and her husband for over an hour.  For me that was the highlight of the trip.

This is an overlook on the fun Road to Range Creek
Day 2 We (which was a group of about 30 people all who Nate works with and their wives) drove out to Range Creek which is a old cattle ranch way back on this awful road that has tons of Indian artifacts and grain mills.  All day was spend exploring this canyon.  That evening we had a dinner meeting.

An Indian grain mill that we hiked up to 

  • Our fun group

Day 3 We drove to Scofield reservoir to look at some fencing projects ( I know exciting) then to Park City tour some water facility plants and then drove home.  So yes it may have not been the most exciting trip but tow days of no cooking and no whining ah it was heaven.  Plus all the guys Nate works with are great so their was lots of laughs and fun conversations in the car.  Plus it is always fun to get away with my honey no matter where we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment